7 Alcoholism Recovery Tips For Your Alcoholic Spouse
Are you living with an alcoholic? If your alcoholic husband or alcoholic wife is in recovery, these tips may help keep them clean and sober.
I am a psychiatrist that specializes in alcohol/substance abuse prevention and addiction help. I am going to share with you the top 7 strategies used by my patients that have enhanced his/her chances of maintaining sobriety.
- Your alcoholic spouse must be able to admit that alcohol or drugs controls them, not the other way around.
- Your alcoholic husband must accept that total abstinence is the only way to achieve and maintain his sobriety.
- Your alcoholic wife must have the willingness to not only attend a 12 step program, but work with a sponsor with a long track record of his/her own sobriety ( 5 years or more), and work the 12 steps with her.
- Your alcoholic spouse must keep in daily touch with their sponsor.
- Your alcoholic husband must develop a strong support system of sober friends and family.
- Your alcoholic wife must do service work to help others with their sobriety.
- Your alcoholic spouse must reach out for help, not isolate, when their commitment to sobriety weakens.
My patients who have achieved many years of sobriety are strong in each one of the areas I have listed. If someone loses his/her sponsor, starts to isolate, quits going to meetings or doing service work, relapse is much more likely to occur.
If you want additional help turning your marriage around click here to register for my free report on, “ 5 Proven Methods For a Healthier Marriage With Your Alcoholic Spouse”. It may save your family’s life. The information in this report gives you very simple strategies that could very well save your marriage.