Are You Angry As H— With Your Alcoholic Spouse?
Are you living with an alcoholic? If you have an alcoholic husband or alcoholic wife, I can virtually guarantee that one of the major emotions you experience every day is anger. I know this because as a psychiatrist that treats addiction, the spouses of alcoholics are extremely angry and frustrated with the “roller coaster life” they live. What are the reasons you feel angry as h— with your alcoholic spouse?
1. Your alcoholic husband promises to quit and then breaks his promise.
2. Your alcoholic wife hides alcohol and drinks during the day when you are at work. She even drives the kids around when she has been drinking.
3. Your alcoholic spouse is choosing alcohol over you and your kids.
4. He/she lies about so many things you have lost all trust which has been the foundation of your marriage.
5. Your alcoholic spouse has quit participating in the family. The few times they accompany you to a dinner with friends or family, they do something to embarrass you.
6. Your alcoholic spouse is emotionally abusive.
7. Your alcoholic husband or alcoholic wife is not someone you can rely on anymore.
What can you do? You love your spouse, but you aren’t happy. It is toxic to your self esteem to take this kind of treatment. You can learn to set boundaries and fill the void in yourself so that you are not codependent. You can learn to rely more on yourself with some therapy and possibly attend Al-anon meetings. You can take charge of yourself. YOu have already learned that you can not control his/her drinking.
If you want additional help turning your marriage around click here to register for my free report on, “ 5 Proven Methods For a Healthier Marriage With Your Alcoholic Spouse”. It may save your family’s life. The information in this report gives you very simple strategies that could very well save your marriage.